Episode 48 - Validate Yourself - YOU DESERVE IT
Your friendly neighbourhood mental health and resiliency coach here! Today's episode is all about remembering to validate yourself - we can be so quick to dismiss our successes and the things we have worked so hard on.
Some ways you can work on validating yourself are:
1. Acknowledge your feelings - in order to know what is going on and give yourself credit or validation, you need to be able to acknowledge what is going on.
2. Accept the feelings without judgement - this comes back to mindful living and the idea of taking your feelings as information. If you can consider your feelings as information that something is pleasant or unpleasant without judgement, then you can look at things objectively.
3. Identify that your feelings are NOT who you are - there is a difference between being something and feeling something. When you can say you are feeling something rather than being that thing, you take the power away from that emotion being who you are.
4. Practice - like everything in mental health and mindfulness, you need to practice! As life changes and different things come to you in your way, you will need to change, adapt and practice new ways of doing things. Your tools will change and you will have to adapt.
5. Grace - learn to be non judgemental towards yourself. Changes in your brain take time and rewiring your brain will be more beneficial if you spend the time being gracious to yourself in the process. You need to learn to be your own best friend, and to be kind to yourself as if you were talking to a friend.
6. Figure out what you need - how can you help yourself in this moment. Do you need to vent? Do you need a quiet day? Do you need to talk to someone?
8. Celebrate the good - validating isn't about unhelpful or negative situations, but to validate the really awesome things that you do as well! Learn to push yourself out of your comfort zone and celebrate it in the process.
9. Surround yourself with uplifting people - there are studies that say you become like the 5 people that you spend most of your time with. If you surround yourself with unhelpful, unkind, and unmotivated people, you're more likely to become that way. If you surround yourself with go-getter type people, you're more likely to be motivated.
10. Utilize affirmations to your advantage - examples include "I can do hard things" "I am rooted in who I am" "I deserve to celebrate the good" "I am learning"
When we become deeply rooted in who we are through self-validation and grace, you're a stronger tree and storms won't blow you over so quickly!
Support The Rural Mindset Podcast™ on Patreon | Support Here
Support The Rural Mindset Podcast™ on PayPal | Support Here
Coaching with Erica | Learn More
Book Erica to Speak at Your Event! | Learn More
Join The Brand Erica Inner Circle on Facebook | Join Our FREE Community
Get Patron-Only Extended Content, 1:1 Opportunities & Bonus Episodes | Become a Patron
Shop The Brand Erica | Shop Now
Caitlyn Mary Photography | Check her out!
If you’re looking for more great food & ag focused podcasts to listen to you can check out the Positively Farming Media playlist on Spotify. There you will find all of the podcasts on the Positively Farming Media Podcast Network just like The Rural Mindset Podcast. | Listen to the Positively Farming Playlist on Spotify